The Annual Town Budget Meeting will take place on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. at the Schley Town Hall.
STATE OF WISCONSIN Town of Schley Lincoln County BOARD OF REVIEW
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Schley, Lincoln County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on May 17, 2021, from 6:00-8:00 p.m., at the Schley Town Hall.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
1. No person will be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to enter onto property to conduct an exterior view of such property being assessed.
2. After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the board. Open book shall occur no less than 7 days prior to the board of review.
3. The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
4. Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
5. When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
6. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless no later than 7 days before the first meeting of the board of review the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Town of Schley has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determines before the first meeting of the board of review that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1), Wis. Stats.
7. The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
8. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s.70.47 (3) (a), Wis. stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 28th day of April 2021.
Becky Dallman, Clerk
ATTENTION: TOWN OF SCHLEY
The Town is sponsoring a “CLEAN-UP DAY”
Saturday – May 22, 2021 – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Bring your old appliances and recyclables as listed below
to the Schley Town Hall. You must be a Town of Schley
resident. The Town will pay half of the regular fee for you.
Items taken for free:
Air conditioners Grills (charcoal or gas)
Lawn mowers Bed frames (metal)
Patio furniture (metal) Dish washers
Refrigerators (electric or gas) Dryers
Stoves (electric or gas) Farm equipment
Washers Freezers (chest or upright)
Fuel oil tanks Tires on aluminum/steel rims
Items with charges: Items not taken:
Junk tires $8.00 a piece Tractor/large truck tires
TVs $30.00 Drain, fuel, & hydraulic oils
Computers $30.00 Paint
Remember to Recycle Becky Dallman, Clerk
OPEN BOOK NOTICE
Town of Schley, Lincoln County
Pursuant to s.70.45, Wis. Stats., the assessment roll for the 2021 assessment year will be open for examination at the following time:
Date: May 5, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Place: Schley Town Hall
At the open book session, instructional information and objection forms will be available. These documents will assist with scheduling a hearing before the Board of Review. The assessor will be present and available to answer questions at open book. Keep in mind that objection forms must be filed with the clerk of the Board of Review at least 48 hours before the Board of Review is conducted, unless the Board of Review chooses to waive this requirement.
Notice is hereby given this 15th day of April, 2021.
by: Becky J. Dallman, Clerk
TOWN OF SCHLEY ANNUAL MEETING
State of Wisconsin…Town of Schley Lincoln County
The Town Board of the Town of Schley provides its written notice and an agenda of the public meeting of said Town on Tuesday, ___April 20, 2021_ at the SCHLEY TOWN HALL at 6:00 P.M. The public may provide comments of the Town Board if public comments are noted on the Agenda and upon recognition by presiding officer.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll call
4. Verification of public notice by Town Board
5. Approval of last year’s Annual Meeting minutes
6. Financial Report
7. Specific matters for discussion & possible action by Town Board
a. Town Spring Clean-Up
b. Road Maintenance Plan
c. Town of Russell Fire Department report
d. First Responders update
e. Re-Evaluation for 2022
f. Open Book & Board of Review dates
g. Appointment of Planning Commission members (Welker & Prueser)
h. Planning Commission report
i. Set Time/Date for next year’s meeting (3rd Tuesday of April 2022)
8. Members of a sub-committee of the Town of Schley may attend Town Board meeting to
present information gathered regarding subject for which sub-committee may
report on their unit.
9. Discussion of possible action and agenda for upcoming Town Board meeting.
Meeting notice posted in three (3) bulletin boxes…Town Hall…Z’s Fork Horners…Hub Inn …
Date___March 31, 2021
Designee: __Becky Dallman, Clerk_________
Becky Dallman, Clerk (715-571-1262)
Chairman, Rick Dorn (715-432-4713) Supervisor, Bonita Prueser (715-873-4644)
Treasurer, Susan Podeweltz (715-536-3756) Supervisor, Gerald Plamann (715-536-8743)
NOTICE OF PUBLIC TEST
Notice is hereby given that public testing of the AutoMARK and DS-200 machines being used in municipalities within Lincoln County for the April 6, 2021 Spring Election is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at the Schley Town Hall.
Becky Dallman, Clerk
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Schley Town Hall on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 for the Spring Election.
Notice is hereby given that public testing of the AutoMARK machine being used in municipalities within Lincoln County for the February 16, 2021 Primary Election is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Monday, February 8, 2021 at the Schley Town Hall.
Polls at Schley Town Hall will be open from 7 AM to 8 PM on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 for the Primary Election.